Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Google Helpouts, my rant

   Several weeks ago I applied for the new Google Helpouts that I believe, if it works that is, will be big... like really, REALLY big. The premise behind Helpouts is that it will allow users to teach others via Google Hangouts but in a more structured platform such as allowing others to actively seek out experts that can help them with everything from cooking, graphic design to using their Android phones. When I first signed up I was super excited and very hopeful.. so I sign up, create my banner and I even have my interview with what I assume is one of the Google Engineers that helped set it up and I was even more excited afterwards... I through up my introduction video and I just wait... except I've had quite a few problems with the system and I am near the point of just saying, "fuck it" and giving up. I am not happy.

Click image to enlarge










First they tell me I'm using informal language in my description and my qualifications aren't good enough. I removed the informal language, wrote something more specific and updating my qualifications but NOOOOOOOOOOO that isn't good enough for them.

Click image to enlarge


 No, instead they sent me ANOTHER email telling me to be even MORE SPECIFIC. How can I do that? I put in my description that I have over four years Android experience which is a part of my nearly eight years of experience in the wireless industry with direct support for Android OS including my hands-on experience with educating users IN PERSON on how to use their Android device.

Just take a look at my listing:

Click image to enlarge


What do you want from me?? If they reject my current description I am going to un-list myself from their service and I will be done with it forever. They want people to be a part of this new service but they're screwing me hard right now and if they're even doing half of this to others then Google Helpouts will be a huge failure for Google, guaranteed. Just like Google Buzz.




Follow me on Google+ for further updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment